Regular Maintenance is Key!
- With proper, regular maintenance of your heating & cooling systems, you can extend its life and performance.
- Predict & prevent nuisance service calls.
Change your filters regularly!
- Regular throw away filters should be looked at every month and changed when required (minimum of every 3 months)
- If you have a permanent filter, it should also be cleaned a minimum of every 3 months
Use a Programmable Thermostat
- When used correctly, a programmable thermostat can save you up to $150 on your energy costs!
- Keep your programmed temperatures at 8-10 degrees difference to avoid excessive run times.
- For more information, and to find out how a programmable thermostat is better for the environment, view the Energy Star website.
Turning on your Air Conditioner in the cooling season
- Check filters to ensure they are clean
- Remove outdoor cover on condenser
- Check power on condenser is switched on (outside unit)
- Check breaker to ensure it is switched on
- Turn thermostat to cool and turn temperature down for cooling
Turning on your furnace
- Don't wait until its real cold outside, turn on your furnace early in the season. This will ensure it’s going to be ready when you need it.